Thursday 18 October 2012

Neon Tiger Print Nail Art: Using Colorbar Neons

Grrrrrr! Grrrrr!
If tigers could be fashionable every tigress would have dyed her fur like this at least once :D

Well...Colorbar finally released some Neons recently in a collection called Cocktail. Although summer's waaay over, sometimes you just need a pop of colour no matter what the season is. Thats when Neon polishes come handy.
I did search for these online but seemed online stores werent playing the catch up game very well. The only place I found these was VioletBag.com. You can see my haul post here.
I snagged Pina Colada and Lime Margarita from the Cocktail Collection. The orange, blood red and magenta-pink in this collection didnt really look like neon so I wasnt very interested in them. There is one another neon pink in this collection, but I have another similar polish so I skipped that too.

Pina Colada is sheeeeeerrrrrrr. This is 2 coats and I am certain that even 4 coats wouldnt have covered VNL (visible nail line). I tried 4 coats on the pinkie finger and VNL is still visible. But it does add a bright pop if thats what you are looking for. Maybe you could layer it over a white or a similar opaque light coloured base.


I sponged on it with Colorbar Lime Margarita (Neon green) and a Miss Claire one stroke polish in bright pink.  Lime Margarita wasnt as sheer coz it sponged on pretty well without having to add layers of the polish.



Stamped on the sponging with a tiger print plate from Bundle Monster BM223 with Konad Black.

I thought I would'nt be a fan of neons, but boy I was wrong. I am now.
It just depends on how you wear them and how you carry them. This mani grabbed a lot of attention and in a .."oohhhhhh.. thats nice!!" kind of way. 

Are you a fan of neons?
Hope you loved this one as much as I did. Grrrrrr.

22 comments:

  1. Love it! I love the colors you have used and the design.

    Hey we big on animal print these days! huh?
    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ni! sometimes its animal is all over the place sometimes not so much :D

      Delete
  2. Wow amazing. It's a lovely effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Animal print is really the thing to go to for neons...looks fab <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. U r turning into one feisty feline these days Kej! Pretty soon PETA will be lining at ur doorstep to model for them to save d tigers ;) lol loved d neons and animal print combo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning combination. I am not a big neon fan, but with this print looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. :) hehe! but I dont know to say thank u in gujju! :p

      Delete
  7. I m ready to swap for pretty UK polishes :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I just came to your blog following a link from Indian Lacquerade and I love your nail art! I love the abundance of all the Indian themed stamping! I need to get my hands on some of those plates! I just started a blog as well. Please visit me and let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh! Love the colors! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I purchased Lakme products online from Awesome bazar. Awesome Bazar provides best competitive prices product and fast delivery process . Really very nice service of awesome bazar, Awesome bazaar best Shopping destination. Find At https://awesomebazar.com/brands/lakme

    ReplyDelete

I would ♥ to read your comments and thoughts on my posts. Please feel free to ask any questions or if you have any suggestions.