Monday 22 October 2012

Colourful Festive Mani: Lotus herbals:Plum Delight

Tis the festive season here in India! and I got festive manis!


First up is the Navratri (9 nights): where for 9 days people worship a deity and there is song and traditional garba dance in evenings. Also the Durga festival is widely celebrated around the same time for 6 days with a lot of fanfare.


Thats a ground where traditional garba dance happens. it draws huge crowds!!
People adorn traditional ULTRA colourful costumes for the dance.
I was in a colorful mood following the neon tiger print mani last week and hadnt had enough yet.

While my friend Nirah again recommended Plum delight from Lotus. Lovely polish! (thanks Ni!)
Smooth buttery application.. 2 coats opaque. Decent brush, No streaks! No bubbles! Dried in 5-8 mins.

Gorgeous smoky violet! *me thinks is a great dupe for Zoya Pinta.. see here
Lotus herbals Nail polishes are Acetone, DBP and Toluene free.
8ml bottle, costs Rs.110/-



Slathered some Inglot 204 blue-purple flakies on it. Turns it magical, doesnt it?

Stamped with XL C using Konad Pastel pink (yeah.. messed up on one finger)
But I had another plan for the mess.. to hide it :Dk

Added dots using a dotting tool with 3-4 polishes to make it bright


Ta-daaaa! M all set for GARBAAAA!!!

This is a bollywood song on the traditional garba dance..


18 comments:

  1. This is so chic! I love the color play! Last night I saw Falguni and Shane peacock's fashion show and so many of their dresses had similar funky futuristic yet tribal kind of prints on the dresses,I'll mail u a fe pics ur mani wud have complemented the dress to the T!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am missing home :(.... plum delight is beautiful looking like a creamy jelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis Is Sooooo PReTTY.. loved the print and color combination...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is as a good a dandiya mani as ever! Like the official dandiya mani! :D

    You are welcome and as luck would have it I am about to post Pinta. You are not allowed to ask why I have both!!!Not you!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! My boyfriend has been fasting for Navratri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! pls convey my best wishes to him...I just cant fast!

      Delete
  6. Wow what a mani! And what a lot of work. It looks lovely and very fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it...very colourful and festive!

    ReplyDelete

I would ♥ to read your comments and thoughts on my posts. Please feel free to ask any questions or if you have any suggestions.