Monday 27 August 2012

L'oreal Color Riche: Macaron Noisette+ French manicure with a twist


Morning! or Rather Monday Morning! Sighhh!

In other news: my blog is at 791 followers!! Whoot! Whooot!!

Another piece of news: Have you seen the new range of L'oreal Color Riche Polishes?


From the brand: L’Oreal Paris has recently launched a new range of nail polishes called Color Riche Le Vernis with revolutionary nail technology to give perfect adherence, a smooth glide and a 7 day hold.  Additionally, the Diamond Reflexion Complex and high pigment concentration, gives you pure, intense color and brilliance like no other nail polish range. 
With 26 stunning shades, the L’Oreal Paris range has various bold hues that add spunk to your look, nude essential colours best suited for daily wear or a sophisticated look and dark, glamorous shades that are perfect for the alpha woman, each that will give you gorgeous, eye catching fingertips.


According to me: The range has some really nice shades with some very good smokey hues which are apt for fall season. Shades cover nice and sober as well as spunky and bright categories.

Here's a swatch of the shade: 102: Macaron Noisette

The name reminds me of:
Yeah you read my mind! Macarons!!! Yum Yum! The brand has been very creative with the names.

This shade: Macaron Noisette is a sheer nude beige with light golden shimmer which is only visible in a macro picture. The shimmer is very soft and not visible to naked eyes but gives the polish a nice sheen.
If you are looking for a nude polish, this one is really nice. Non streaky (*we need more polishes like these which are non streaky*). Goes opaque in 2 coats.
Dries pretty fast, I'd say less than 5 mins. Impressive.
The brush on these is surprisingly good, it has a slightly rounded tip at the edges and is flatter and wider then most Indian polishes I own. I really liked how the brush made the application really smooth.
Lasting power is also good: I have it on since 6 days now and there is no chipping, fading and tip wear is barely visible.

Price: Its a 5 ml bottle for Rs.225/-
Yes! Its tiny; at 2 coats per hand, this bottle may last me approx 3 uses at most.. and price-y if you ask me. For a 5 ml bottle at Rs.225/- this turns out pricey than OPI and China Glaze which retail in online stores between Rs.450-500/- for a 15 ml bottle. Do the math.
They Are Formaldehyde, DBP and Toluene free. 

I made a little french manicure with an twist.
I really liked how this mani came out. It's very formal, at the same very chic. It grabs attention and looks very sophisticated. I made a similar one last year with shades of blue.

Overall: I like the color a lot, finish is good, applies nicely and lasts long. Only a bit miffed about the price, but it is very good quality and 3free.

Like it?


*Polish sent by PR for review. However opinions are my own and for your benefit.

17 comments:

  1. Wooo hoo this is mani looks so chic! I'm so going to try this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh nice shade...makes me feel a bit less guilty about buying Opi n ChG from online shopping sites :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I love all sorts of French Manicure so I adore this one too. I did a similar mani once. I think it's very fancy and fits with a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I also adore french manis a lot :)

      Delete
  4. This mani looks pretty, nice shade. The only reason why I didn't pick the shade is the price.. It didn't sound reasonable ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. yheser pricey bt i like d bottling nd d shade very much.. perfect nude with lil shimmers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such a pretty shade, I think there is an almost dupe in colorbar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *think* I have seen that, but that looked streaky

      Delete
  7. its such a sophisticated shade ya...a must have for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best ever post for enhancing our beauty and i have became regular reader of our blog. Keep posting useful posts like this. Also try these websites
    Salon for Nail Painting | Nail Painting services at home

    ReplyDelete
  9. The core of your writing whilst appearing agreeable in the beginning, did not really sit perfectly with me after some time. Someplace within the sentences you actually were able to make me a believer unfortunately just for a short while. I however have got a problem with your jumps in assumptions and you might do well to help fill in all those gaps. If you actually can accomplish that, I will definitely end up being impressed.
    hair mask for thin hair Peshawar
    hair mask for thin hair Peshawar

    ReplyDelete

I would ♥ to read your comments and thoughts on my posts. Please feel free to ask any questions or if you have any suggestions.